Moodle’s Quickmail option is a block that allows you to send emails with an optional attachment to other users in the same course. Quickmail automatically records a history of your sent emails for later reference.
1. Go to your Moodle page and click Turn editing on in the upper right corner.
2. On the left side of your Moodle page, there is a sidebar of blocks that have various functions. Go to the Add a block section and select Quickmail. You should now see a block titled Quickmail.
3. To send mail with Quickmail, simply click Compose New Email, and you should be redirected to a page where you may choose the recipients of your message. Select the potential participants you would like to add to receive the email. They will go under the Selected Recipients list. Ensure you select the correct Potential Section in which the recipient is enrolled in order to add him/her to the list of recipients.
4. You may also send the email to an address outside of Moodle, which you can enter under the Additional Email Addresses field. Towards the bottom of the page, type the subject and the message of your email. If there are any attachments, you may add those.
5. When done, click Send Email, and you will have successfully sent out an email to the selected participants.