You can create many different types of interactive activities using the embedded H5P content creator in Moodle or uploading activities created by others that are shared on Open Education Resources repositories.
There are two main steps to getting an H5P activity into your course. First, you must add the activity to your Content Bank. Second, you must then add the activity to your course using the Activity chooser.
The video below, while using a slightly different Moodle interface, gives a short overview of H5P and it’s pedagogical possibilities.
Using the Content Bank
To get activities into your Content Bank:
- In your course, open the Navigation Drawer by clicking on the “hamburger icon” in the top left corner of the screen and select Content bank from the list.
2. In the Content Bank, you’ll see any activities that have already been added. You can either click the Add button and select one of the numerous content types to create a new activity or you can upload an .H5P file you may have downloaded from another source.
3. If you’re creating a new activity, you will then see the H5P creation interface, which will vary depending on the content type. For more on how to create the different types of content, see the Tutorials for Authors page on the H5P.org website.
Add an H5P Activity to Your Course
- Turn editing on and click on Add activity or resource in the topic area you wish to add an H5P activity.
- From the Activity Chooser, select the H5P tile.
3. On the settings page, give your activity a name and then for the Package file area, click on the file icon.
5. From the File picker, select Content bank and then select the activity you wish to use.
4. Other settings to review include the Options, Grade, and Attempt options.
5. Click one of the Save buttons at the bottom of the page.