Selected Works is a research announcement tool that helps you to maximize readership of your work, and allows your works to be discoverable in Google Scholar. It is produced by the Berkeley Electronic Press, and is hosted on OxyScholar, a platform for digital scholarly work created at Occidental College by members of the Oxy community. Please see Oxy’s Selected Works Author Gallery here.
What can authors do with Selected Works? [from Selected Works]
- Build a network of colleagues who follow their work
- Announce and distribute articles, working papers, presentations, and talks to their own network of colleagues and other readers
- Attract new readers with a search engine optimized website
- Organize and quickly reorganize work by custom categories
How to create and log in to your own Selected Works profile?
- Create your Selected Works user account here using your oxy.edu email address and the same password you use for this email account.
- An email entitled “SelectedWorks: Account Confirmation for [your name]” will be sent to you. Click on the link provided in the text: “To confirm your account and resume your activity, please click here.”
- The link will take you to your Selected Works Account login window. Enter your oxy.edu email address and password.
- A link to your profile will appear in the Selected Works Author Gallery.
How to edit and use your own Selected Works profile?
Once you have logged in, you can customize your site, upload or link to publications, promote your work, and track readership using the Selected Works User Guide.
Use the Author Dashboard to promote your work and track readership through visualizations of site visit and download statistics. See Author Dashboard: Providing Real-Time Usage Statistics to Digital Commons Authors for more information.