Moodle calendar can be used to show upcoming events on your Moodle course page.
1. To add a Moodle calendar to your course, first click “Turn Editing On” on the top right of the homepage.
2. Next, below the Administration block on the left side column, click “Add a Block,” and select Calendar.
3. Once the block has been added, you can expand the calendar view by clicking on the Month and Year at the top.
4. From this page, you can add events by clicking the New Event button at the top-right side of the page or change the course you’re viewing by clicking the drop down menu to the left labeled Detailed month view for: and selecting the course you would like to view.
a. When creating a new event, choose the type of event you would like to add, name the event, and provide a description. Choose the date(s) and time(s) for your event.
b. Events added to your calendar can be for individual users (only the user who adds it can see it), for courses (everyone in the course can see it), or global events (everyone on the site will be able to see it).
c. If there is an event set for a certain day, that day will be shaded in the color set for that event type.
d. When you are done creating your event, click Save at the bottom of the screen and your new event will appear on your calendar. This event will also appear on your course home page in the Upcoming Events block on the right side of your screen.
5. If you want course assignments and quizzes to appear in your course calendar, simply add a closing or due date to the assignment. These will automatically appear in your Upcoming Events block.
6. To see more details about an event, you can click on the icon for that event or the day it is listed under.
7. To edit your personal settings for your calendars, click on your name in the top right corner of the page and select Preferences on the drop-down menu. On the preferences page, select Calendar settings. This allows you to choose your time display format, start day of the week, etc.
Note the Calendar block on your course page is visible for yourself and all students, and may be accessed at any time while accessing Moodle through a web browser, but the Moodle mobile app currently will not display blocks.
For students, you may view all upcoming assignments or other events for every class from the Dashboard, accessible under the Navigation block on the home page.