Moodle calendar can be used to show upcoming events on your Moodle course page.
1. To go to your Moodle calendar click Go to Calendar in the Upcoming Events block on the right side of your course page.
2. From this page, you can add events by clicking the New Event button at the top-right side of the page or look at the drop down menu on the left side to see the Upcoming Events for a given course.
3. On the far right side of the page, you will see the calendars for the upcoming months that are color-coded based on the event type. Events added to your calendar can be for individual users (only the user who adds it can see it), for courses (everyone in the course can see it), or global events (everyone on the site will be able to see it). If there is an event set for a certain day, that day will be shaded in the color set for that event type.
4. To edit your settings for your calendar, click the Preferences button in the top-right corner of the screen. The preferences page allows you to choose your time display format, start day of the week, etc.
5. To add a new event, click the New Event button back on the Calendar page. Chose the type of event you would like to add, name the event, and provide a description. Choose the date(s) and time(s) for your event. Then, click Save Changes at the bottom of the screen and your new event will appear on your calendar. This event will also occur on your course home page in the Upcoming Events block on the right side of your screen.
6. If you want course assignments and quizzes to appear in your course calendar, simply add a closing or due date to the assignment. These will then appear in your Upcoming Events block.
7. To see more details about an event, you can hover over the day of the event or click on that day.