When you first view your new courses, there are some basic settings you can adjust that will change how students see your course. Most of these settings can be accessed from the Gear Icon in the upper left.
1. In this Course Management menu, go to Course Settings >> Edit Course Settings.
2. You will be taken to the Edit course settings page.
3. The most commonly used settings are shown below:
- Format: Change the format of your course sections to topic format or weekly format, depending on how you want to present information to your students.
- Course start date: Select what date the course begins.
- Show gradebook to students: Determine whether or not to display grades for students
At the bottom of the page, click Save and Display to save your settings and return to the course.