Create an Audio Recording Assignment on Moodle
How to create an assignment on Moodle for students to turn in their MP3 files.
1. On your course home page, click Turn Editing On.
3. Select the Assignment activity. Then click Add at the bottom of the pop-up window.
4. This will redirect you to a page where, in the General section, you can enter the name and a description of the assignment. Under Availability, you may also dictate when students will be allowed to upload their files and when the assignment is due.
5. Under Submission Types, select “Online PoodLL” for an audio recording, “File submissions” for a file submission, and/or “Online text” for a text box that can be directly typed into. Under PoodLL Rec. Type, leave the option as “MP3 Voice Recorder.” You can customize other options like Time Limit, Maximum number of uploaded files, and Maximum submission size.
6. In the Grade section, you may select how you wish to determine the grade of the assignment (out of 100 points or on a scale from Very Poor to Excellent) and which category the assignment will be listed under in the gradebook.
7. After selecting the desired settings, click Save and return to course to add the assignment to your course.
8. Students will now be able to submit Audio Recordings within the Assignment. To view your student’s submissions, navigate to the Assignment and click View/grade all submissions.
Submit an Audio Assignment:
10. A box should ask if you wish to allow or deny Moodle access to your microphone. Click Allow. If your browser asks you again, click Allow again.
11. To record audio, click the Record button. When you are finished recording, click Stop. Your recording will now be available for playback by using the Play button. Note: If you click Record after you’ve already recorded, your previous recording will be deleted.
12. Once you have a recording you wish to submit, click Save changes.