Students are typically required to submit a photo via Moodle prior the beginning of their studies at Oxy. This photo is used for both their ID Card and for their profile in Moodle.
If you don’t happen to have a profile picture in Moodle because you missed this process [e.g. the entering class of 2020], you can upload a photo to your Moodle profile. This will aid your instructors and classmates in putting a face to a name.
Some guidlines for your photo:
- In color, sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (between 25 and 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head.
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance.
- Taken in front of a white or light colored solid background.
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera.
- Your photo must be in a .png or .jpg format.
With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open, Taken in clothing that you normally wear on a daily basis: uniforms should not be worn in your photo, except religious clothing that is worn daily. Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline, unless worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face. Headphones, wireless hands-free devices or similar items are not acceptable in your photo. If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing device or similar articles, they may be worn for your photo: dark glasses or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons (a medical certificate may be required).
To upload your photo to Moodle:
- Log in to moodle.oxy.edu with your usual Oxy credentials
- In the top right of the screen, click on the down arrow next to your name and select Profile from the menu.
3. Click on the Edit profile link in the middle of the page.
4. Scroll to the User Picture section and drag and drop your profile picture file into the indicated field.
5. Click on the Update profile button at the bottom of the page.