The glossary activity enables students to create and maintain a list of definitions, like a dictionary, or to collect and organize resources or information.
2. Select Glossary from the menu. Then click the Add button at the bottom of the pop-up window.
3. This will redirect you to a page where, in the General section, you must enter the name and description of the glossary.
4. Glossary Type options:
a. Main Glossary: There can only be one main glossary in a course. This is a glossary in which entries from secondary glossaries can be imported.
b. Secondary Glossary: You can have as many of these as you need. If glossary entry import is not required, this is the better option.
5. For the glossary, you may also decide how many entries there are per page, whether duplicate entries, comments, and a print view are allowed, if entries are automatically linked, and if entries are allowed to be edited.
6. Display Format and Approval Display Format options:
a. Simple, Dictionary Style: no authors are displayed, and attachments are shown as links.
b. Continuous without Author: entries are displayed one after another without any separation apart from the editing icons.
c. Full with Author: a forum-like display format showing the author’s data and with attachments shown as links.
d. Full without Author: a forum-like display format without authors and with attachments shown as links.
e. Encyclopedia: similar to “full with author” option, but attached images are shown inline.
f. Entry List: concepts are listed as links.
g. FAQ: the words “question” and “answer” are appended to the concept and definition respectively.
a. Special Link: if enabled, allows students to browse the glossary by special characters, such as @ and #.
b. Alphabet: if enabled, allows students to browse the glossary by letters of the alphabet.
c. ‘ALL’ Link: if enabled, allows students to browse all entries at once.
8. After selecting the desired settings, click the Save and return to course button to add the journal assignment to your course.
To delete a glossary, please see this post.